The February 13 meeting of the Historic Landmarks Commission will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
For those interested in speaking at the meeting, please register by 4 pm on February 13 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Consideration of January HLC Minutes
2. Chair’s Report: William Hughes
3. Public Comment Period (Up to 3 Minutes Per Person)
4. HLC Closed Session to Discuss a Legal Matter
5. HLC Staff Updates: Leslie Johnson
6. Public Hearing for the Renfrow Commercial Properties, Matthews
Designation would include the exteriors of the ca. 1900 frame building, the ca. 1920 gin operator’s house, and the ca. 1950 brick commercial building and the associated tax parcels.
7. Appointment of Secretary to Sign Written Decisions from Quasi-Judicial Hearings
Chair Hughes has given the responsibility of signing written decisions from quasi-judicial hearings to the position of the Secretary, currently held by Commissioner Robert Barfield.
8. Quasi-Judicial Hearings
9. Financial Report: Stewart Gray
10. HLC Staff Report
a. BOCC Annual Report Presentation
Staff, Chair Hughes, and Vice Chair Clarke will present the HLC Annual Report to the BOCC on February 21. The final presentation will be included at the HLC’s March 13 meeting.
b. Adventure Club February Outing
A reminder that the Adventure Club is heading to the Charlotte Coliseum on Saturday, February 18 at 2:30 p.m. for a tour of the Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium. Thanks to those who have RSVP’d.
11. Old Business
12. New Business
a. Commissioner Ford has asked to discuss the HLC’s approach to handling public comments on social media.