The Survey Committee meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 26, 2022, will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
1. Chair’s Report: Brian Clarke
3. Consideration of Designation Report on the E. L. Baxter Davidson Historic Markers and Monuments
5. Consideration of Placement on the Study List of Prospective Historic Landmarks
6. Review of Rosenwald Schools
7. Staff Report: Jack Thomson and Stewart Gray
b. Update on Thrift Mill Village Survey
c. Uptown Charlotte Sears Building, 700 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte
On May 5, 1949, Mayor Herbert H. Baxter joined civic leaders, including Charlotte Chamber of Commerce president J. Norman Pease, and Sears officials at opening day, ribbon-cutting ceremonies for a large Sears Roebuck and Co. retail store and parking lot on North Tryon St. The property has been found eligible for the National Register. Staff wants to make the Committee aware of the significance and status of this property.
d. Update on Sinister Wisdom, 3116 Country Club Drive, Charlotte
f. Survey Committee Outing
8. Old Business
9. New Business