The Historic Landmarks Commission will meet on Monday, June 12 at 6pm. This will be a hybrid meeting and visitors should plan to access the meeting remotely. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
For those interested in speaking at the meeting, please register by 4pm on June 12 by emailing email@example.com. Note: Registration in advance is required to make public comments.
1. Closed Session
The Historic Landmarks Commission is consulting with Senior Deputy County Attorney Ed Yeager on processes for handling Certificate of Appropriateness applications at quasi-judicial hearings.
Note: The regular HLC meeting will be called to order at the conclusion of the closed session period, which will be no earlier than 6pm.
2. Adoption of the Consent Agenda
a. Approval of May HLC Minutes
3. Chair’s Report: Edwin Wilson
4. Public Comment Period (Up to 3 Minutes Per Person)
5. Quasi-Judicial Hearings
6. Design Review Workshop for Louise Cotton Mill
7. Projects Committee Report: Edwin Wilson
8. Liz Morrell, Strategic Planning & Historic, Cultural and Community Resources Manager, Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation
Liz will speak on the work that Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation is doing to identify, preserve, and interpret its historic resources.
9. Financial Report: Stewart Gray
10. HLC Staff Report
a. Certified Local Government Training Requirements
Staff and at least two commission members need to:
1. Attend at least one in person training session or
2. View at least three virtual trainings each and submit a brief synopsis.
c. Adventure Club Recap: Plaza Midwood Bike Tour
11. Old Business
12. New Business