The January 9 meeting of the Historic Landmarks Commission will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
For those interested in speaking at the meeting, please register by 4 pm on January 9 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Consideration of December HLC Minutes
2. Chair’s Report: William Hughes
3. Public Comment Period (Up to 3 Minutes Per Person)
4. Financial Report: Stewart Gray
- The Buyers are Emily Craft and Justin Lukas.
- They have been provided a copy of the restrictions for the property.
- They have reached out to Staff and are aware of the need for a COA for changes to the property, and that there is an easement prohibiting demolition.
- The seller will require them to sign a survey affidavit acknowledging they are aware the home is a designated historic landmark and is protected by an easement prohibiting demolition.
6. Reaffirmation of the Recommendation of Landmark Designation for the Renfrow Commercial Properties: Tommy Warlick
7. Consideration of Updates to the HLC Rules of Procedure: Stewart Gray
8. HLC Staff Report
A. Deputy County Manager Leslie Johnson will update the Commission at the February 13 meeting on the process of hiring a new Director for the HLC.
D. Adventure Club February Outing
The Adventure Club will be heading to the Charlotte Coliseum on February 18 at 2:30 p.m. for a tour of the Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium before the Charlotte Checkers Hockey Club hits the ice!
9. Old Business
10. New Business