The January 9 meeting of the Historic Landmarks Commission will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
For those interested in speaking at the meeting, please register by 4 pm on January 9 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Consideration of December HLC Minutes
2. Chair’s Report: William Hughes
3. Public Comment Period (Up to 3 Minutes Per Person)
4. Financial Report: Stewart Gray
5. Consideration of Right of First Refusal for the McQuay House, 3200 Tuckaseegee Road, Charlotte
Notice of Bona Fide Offer to Purchase Property
- The Buyers are Emily Craft and Justin Lukas.
- They have been provided a copy of the restrictions for the property.
- They have reached out to Staff and are aware of the need for a COA for changes to the property, and that there is an easement prohibiting demolition.
- The seller will require them to sign a survey affidavit acknowledging they are aware the home is a designated historic landmark and is protected by an easement prohibiting demolition.
6. Reaffirmation of the Recommendation of Landmark Designation for the Renfrow Commercial Properties: Tommy Warlick
7. Consideration of Updates to the HLC Rules of Procedure: Stewart Gray
8. HLC Staff Report
A. Deputy County Manager Leslie Johnson will update the Commission at the February 13 meeting on the process of hiring a new Director for the HLC.
B. HLC 2022 End of Year Review
C. HLC Ongoing Projects and Initiatives
D. Adventure Club February Outing
The Adventure Club will be heading to the Charlotte Coliseum on February 18 at 2:30 p.m. for a tour of the Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium before the Charlotte Checkers Hockey Club hits the ice!
9. Old Business
10. New Business