August 21, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
1. Chair’s Report: Len Norman
2. Senior Preservation Planner’s Report: Stewart Gray
3. Ford Motor Company Plant, 1774 Statesville Avenue, Charlotte, N.C.
4. Helper-Walley House, 603 North Main Street, Davidson, N.C.
5. Beatties Ford Road Corridor Study
The HLC has approved a study of the Beatties Ford Road corridor to identify significant historic resources. Staff recommends that the Survey Committee consider a first phase of the survey to include Washington Height, University Park, and the buildings that front of Beatties Ford Road between Brookshire Blvd and Interstate 85.
The survey of Washington Heights would include an inventory of all pre-1945 buildings. The survey would also include any post-1945 architecturally or historically significant buildings.
An historic report on the University Park neighborhood would be produced with a general analysis of the housing stock, and identify architecturally and historically significant properties.
The survey would also inventory all pre-1945 buildings that front Beatties Ford Road, and any post-1945 architecturally or historically significant buildings.
6. Old Business
7. New Business