The October 10 meeting of the Historic Landmarks Commission will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
For those interested in speaking at the meeting, please register by 4 p.m. on October 10 by emailing email@example.com.
1. Consideration of September HLC Minutes
2. Chair’s Report: William Hughes
3. Public Comment Period (Up to 3 Minutes Per Person)
4. Financial Report: Jack Thomson
5. Quasi-Judicial Hearing for the Charlotte Quartermaster Depot, 701 Keswick Avenue, Charlotte
6. Survey Committee Report: Brian Clarke
A. Renfrow Commercial Properties, Matthews
The Survey Committee presents a seconded motion to the Historic Landmarks Commission that it process the Renfrow Commercial Properties for historic landmark designation including the exteriors of the ca. 1900 frame building, the ca. 1920 gin operator’s house, and the ca. 1950 brick commercial building and the associated tax parcels. The Committee unanimously approved the motion.
The following item is for informational purposes and does not need further action:
B. The Survey Committee added the following properties to the HLC’s Study List of Prospective Historic Landmarks:
5. Original Bojangles Building, 2316 Lasalle Street, Charlotte
7. HLC Staff Report
B. Preservation North Carolina 2022 Annual Conference: October 26-28
Schedule & Register: https://www.presnc.org/preservation-nc-2022-conference-schedule/
C. Steele Creek Presbyterian Church Cemetery Cleanup: October 29 from 9 – 11 am
8. Old Business
9. New Business