The June 13 meeting of the Historic Landmarks Commission will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
1. Consideration of April HLC Minutes
2. Chair’s Report: William Hughes
3. Public Comment Period (Up to 3 Minutes Per Person)
4. Consent Agenda
5. Financial Report: Jack Thomson
6. Closed Session to Discuss a Legal Matter
7. Quasi-Judicial Hearings
8. Design Review: Stewart Gray
9. Survey Committee Report: Stewart Gray
a. The Survey Committee will meet on June 22 at 6 pm.
10. Projects Committee Report: Jeff Parsons
11. HLC Adventure Club Outings Recap
The Adventure Club enjoyed visits to the Robinson Rock House Ruin on April 23 and Wing Haven on June 4.
12. HLC Staff Report
b. Marion Stedman Covington Foundation has awarded $10K to the Reeves Temple AME Zion Church in support of the renovation of the Unity Church Cabin/Lingle Hut, located at 219 Watson Street, Davidson.
e. HLC Social Media Update
The HLC’s Facebook page received a shoutout from the County’s Public Information Department: “The post with the most impressions in April across all County accounts was the Historic Landmarks Commission post about a local home slated for demolition. This is a great example of how you can weave current stories into your content to connect with your audiences.”
f. Presentation of Plaques
13. Old Business
14. New Business