The July 13 meeting of the Historic Landmarks Commission will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
2. Chair’s Report: Jeff Parsons
3. Treasurer’s Report: Diane Althouse June 2020 Project Budget Report
4. Fire Station #4, 420 W. 5th Street, Charlotte, N.C.
The Commission will discuss its Right of First Refusal on the building, which is for sale.
5. Torrence Lytle School, 302 Holbrooks Road, Huntersville, N.C.
The Commission will discuss a proposed amendment to purchase agreement.
6. Design Review Committee Report: Garrett Nelson Design Review Committee Minutes
a. Violet W. Currie House, 525 N. Main Street, Davidson, N.C.
THE DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE PRESENTS A SECONDED MOTION TO THE HISTORIC LANDMARKS COMMISSION THAT IT APPROVE PLANS AS PRESENTED FOR THE GUEST HOUSE AT THE VIOLET W. CURRIE HOUSE, 525 N. MAIN STREET, DAVIDSON, N.C.
7. Survey Committee Report: Len Norman Survey Committee Minutes
a. Ashford House, 241 Hoskins Avenue Drive, Charlotte, N.C.
THE SURVEY COMMITTEE PRESENTS A SECONDED MOTION TO THE HISTORIC LANDMARKS COMMISSION THAT IT PROCESS THE ASHFORD HOUSE, 241 HOSKINS AVENUE DRIVE, CHARLOTTE, N.C., INCLUDING THE EXTERIOR OF THE HOUSE AND THE LAND ASSOCIATED WITH THE HOUSE (TAX PARCELS 06306102 AND 06306103) FOR HISTORIC LANDMARK DESIGNATION.
8. Staff Report – Project and Administrative Updates: Jack Thomson and Stewart Gray
a. Wallace House, 9425 Robinson Church Road, Charlotte, N.C.
b. Mount Carmel Church, 412 Campus Street, Charlotte, N.C.
c. Excelsior Club, 921 Beatties Ford Road, Charlotte, N.C.
d. Office Scanning Project
e. Certified Local Government Training
9. Recognition of Outgoing Commissioners: Jeff Parsons
10. Old Business
11. New Business