September 20, 2018 – 6:00 p.m.
1. Chair’s Report: Jeff Parsons
2. Director’s Report: Dan Morrill
a. Explanation of Importance of Survey and Research Reports
3. Senior Preservation Planner’s Report: Stewart Gray
4. Consideration of Survey and Research Reports
a. PowerPoint Presentation on Prospective Landmarks
b. Charles R. McLaughlin House, 501 W. John Street, Matthews
Note: The interior of the McLaughlin House does not possess historic physical integrity, and is therefore not recommended for designation.
c. Barnum A. Sustare House, 110 W. Matthews Street, Matthews
Note: The owner does not wish for the interior of the house to be included in the historic landmark. State law requires owner consent for interior designation; therefore, the interior of the house will not be included in the historic landmark.
5. Update on Cornelius Agricultural Building, 21126 Catawba Avenue, Cornelius
Dr. Morrill is preparing the Survey and Research Report on the Cornelius Agricultural Building for presentation at the next meeting of the Survey Committee.
6. Update on Butler House, 240 Sylvania Avenue, Charlotte
7. Consideration of a Comprehensive Survey of Historic Resources in the Beatties Ford Road Corridor
8. Consideration of Identifying Historic Resources That Can Be Used for Affordable Housing
9. Old Business
10. New Business