September 20, 2018 – 6:00 p.m.
1. Chair’s Report: Jeff Parsons
2. Director’s Report: Dan Morrill
a. Explanation of Importance of Survey and Research Reports
3. Senior Preservation Planner’s Report: Stewart Gray
4. Consideration of Survey and Research Reports
a. PowerPoint Presentation on Prospective Landmarks
b. Charles R. McLaughlin House, 501 W. John Street, Matthews
Note: The interior of the McLaughlin House does not possess historic physical integrity, and is therefore not recommended for designation.
c. Barnum A. Sustare House, 110 W. Matthews Street, Matthews
Note: The owner does not wish for the interior of the house to be included in the historic landmark. State law requires owner consent for interior designation; therefore, the interior of the house will not be included in the historic landmark.
5. Update on Cornelius Agricultural Building, 21126 Catawba Avenue, Cornelius
Dr. Morrill is preparing the Survey and Research Report on the Cornelius Agricultural Building for presentation at the next meeting of the Survey Committee.
6. Derita High School Gymnasium, 6115 Rumple Road, Charlotte
Dr. Morrill is requesting that the Survey Committee recommend that Jeff Parsons, Survey Committee Chair, authorize Dr. Morrill to prepare a Survey and Research Report on the Derita High School Gymnasium.
7. Update on Butler House, 240 Sylvania Avenue, Charlotte
The owners are requesting that the Historic Landmarks Commission fund a Survey and Research Report on the property.
8. North Charlotte Baptist Church, 3117 Whiting Avenue, Charlotte
The property owners have requested that this property be placed on the Study List of Prospective Historic Landmarks.
9. Update on Bonnie Cone House, 9234 Sandburg Avenue, Charlotte
10. Consideration of a Comprehensive Survey of Historic Resources in the Beatties Ford Road Corridor
11. Consideration of Identifying Historic Resources That Can Be Used for Affordable Housing
12. Old Business
13. New Business