1. Chair’s Report: Mr. Jeff Parsons
2. Consulting Director’s Report: Dr. Dan L. Morrill
3. Preservation Planner’s Report: Mr. Stewart Gray
4. Explanation Of Role Of The Survey Committee:
The Committee Reviews Survey And Research Reports On Real And Personal Property To Determine Whether The Subject Property Has The Requisite Special Significance And Physical Integrity To Warrant Being Recommended For Historic Landmark Designation By The Local Governing Board That Has Zoning Jurisdiction Over The Subject Property. The Survey Committee Also May Recommend The Removal Of Designation Of A Property As A Historic Landmark.
a. Impact Of Historic Landmark Designation
b. Statutory Requirements For Historic Landmark Designation
c. Purpose Of Survey And Research Reports On Prospective Historic Landmarks
d. Jurisdiction Of The Historic Landmarks Commission
e. Processing Properties For Historic Landmark Designation
5. Review Of The Survey And Research Report On The Former Charlotte Fire Station Number 10 at 2136 Remount Road, Charlotte, N.C. Click Here for Survey and Research Report
Recommended Motion: That The Survey Committee Recommend To The Historic Landmarks Commission (HLC) That The HLC Recommend To The Charlotte City Council That It Designate The Former Charlotte Fire Station Number 10, 2136 Remount Road, Charlotte, N.C., As A Historic Landmark. The Landmark Shall Include The Interior Of The Building, The Exterior Of The Building, And The Entire Tax Parcel Associated With The Subject Property.
6. Consideration Of Future Areas Of Concentration For Preparing Survey And Research Reports.
a. Towns, including Davidson, Cornelius, Huntersville, Pineville, And Matthews.
b. Threatened Charlotte Historic Neighborhoods, including Villa Heights, Belmont Park, Biddleville, Grier Heights, and Enderly Park.
c. Gold Mining District Of Center City Charlotte.
Staff recommends that the next Survey and Research Report be prepared on the property that contains the main vertical opening to the Rudisill Gold Mine.
7. Old Business.
8. New Business.