The Survey Committee meeting scheduled for Wednesday, October 21, 2020, will be a virtual meeting. Please note there will be no accommodation for any in-person attendance. If you need special accommodations, please contact the HLC office at 980-314-7660.
October 21, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
1. Staff Report: Jack Thomson and Stewart Gray
2. Discussion of Beatties Ford Road Corridor Survey
3. Discussion of Pineville Mill Village Historic District
4. Discussion of Potts Barber Shop, 21324 Catawba Ave, Cornelius, N.C.
5. Updates on Current Designations in Charlotte and Davidson
6. Old Business
a. From Brian Clarke: “I remain in contact with the dendrochronologist at the Univ of Louisville and she remains very interested in a research trip down here. I sent her some samples from my house to take a preliminary look at. I also (just now) threw out the possibility of me/us collecting samples from some other log houses around these parts to add to her database as she has indicated that the dating data on pine logs from the Piedmont is not the best and that she is working to expand it. [I was thinking in particular about the Davidson cabin, Wallace house, Latta (?), Stafford Slave Cabin, etc.]”
7. New Business
a. Thrift Mill, Village and Community