September 6, 2016 Projects Agenda
Projects Committee Meeting
September 6, 2016
1. Report of the Chair — Len Norman
2. Report of the Consulting Director — Dan Morrill
3. Update on the Walters Barbershop. 112-114 South Main Street, Huntersville, N.C.
The prospective buyer has deposited the earnest money and is currently in his 60-day examination period.
4. Update on the Charles E. Barnhardt House. 2733 Country Club Lane, Charlotte, N.C. Click Here For Photographs Of House
Staff has submitted an offer to purchase four lots as the site for the Charles E. Barnhardt House. The owner has submitted his response with comments. Sandy Prosser has reviewed the document and has made comments. City planners have removed the requirement for a connector street if the developer provides a pedestrian walkway. This means the entire house can be saved. Staff has begun due diligence on the house. Stewart Gray is completing the Survey and Research Report, and Staff is preparing the documents to seek County approval of the expenditure of funds if the Commission votes to move forward with the purchase.
5. Update on Streetcar 85.
The Commission is obligated to provide a generator and a cart for the operation of the Streetcar. Specifications have yet to be provided by the North Carolina Transportation Museum. The Lakewood Trolley Group continues to say that it will be ready to have the streetcar come back to Charlotte in the near future.
6. Update on General Motors New Look Bus.
Staff has been working to obtain an estimate on the installation of air conditioning for the bus. Staff estimates that the Commission will be asked to authorize the expenditure of additional money to upfit the bus. So far the Commission has spent $49,244. The Commission has authorized the expenditure of up to $50,000 for the upfit of the bus.
Staff has submitted the draft of an agreement to CATS for storage and routine maintenance of the bus.
7. Update on Phillips House and Morris Barn, 131 W. Charles St., Matthews, N.C.
The County has terminated the contract with the Adams Group to solicit community attitudes about future development of the property. Staff is seeking another consultant to oversee the process.
8. Discussion of Marketing Strategy for the Edward M. Rozzel Farm. 11647 Old Rozzelles Ferry Rd., Charlotte, N.C.
Staff is developing proposed parameters for development of the property. Realtor Eric Gamble has visited the site and is preparing recommendations for marketing the property. An appriasal of the property is underway. Click here for Development Options.
9. Discussion of Marketing Strategy for the Delburg Cotton Mill House. 303 Delburg St., Davidson, N.C.
10. Update on the Torrence Lytle School. The Commission has voted to clean all buildings environmentally and to stabilize the original school building. Bids for the environmental cleanup have been let and will be opened on September 23rd. A prospective buyer has stated interest in purchasing the property once the cost for environmental cleanup is determined.
11. Old Business
12. New Business