April 20, 2016 – Survey Agenda
3. Prospective Study List Properties
Staff has visited the site and believes that the property is a good candidate for the Commission’s Study List.
b. Back Creek Presbyterian Church, 1821 Back Creek Church Road, Charlotte.
The historic Back Creek Church building was constructed between 1868 and 1871. The building is integrated into a more modern building complex, but appears to have retained integrity. The building has been closed some time due to concerns over the condition of the floors. The congregation of the church has voted to demolish the building.
4. Consideration of the updated Survey and Research Report for Midwood Elementary School, located at 1817 Central Avenue in Charlotte.
5. Consideration of the Survey and Research Report for the Biddleville Cemetery, located at the intersection of Cemetery and French Streets in Biddleville, off Beatties Ford Road in Charlotte.
6. Consideration of the Survey and Research Report for the Airplane Bungalow, 2144 Park Road, Charlotte.
7. Little House, 1136 Queens Road, Charlotte.
Staff believes that the property has the potential to be considered for Historic Landmark status, but that more research needs to be performed. Staff can advise the owners as they continue their research.